Re: Re.:ODBC changes about parameter handling

From: "Johann Zuschlag" <zuschlag2(at)online(dot)de>
To: "pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Re.:ODBC changes about parameter handling
Date: 2001-03-31 18:53:14
Lists: pgsql-odbc

Hi,

On Sat, 31 Mar 2001 19:15:17 +0200, Johann Zuschlag wrote:

>2. When I switch on cursors (Use Declare/Fetch) and my application does a
> certain query my application crashes with a stack overflow in psqlODBC.
> I only get the address 0x00000FD. The debugger just asked for some
> assembler sources. So no I can't give any details on that.
> Without cursors everything works fine but slow of course.
>
> I can send some short logs if it helps. Hiroshi?

I just found out if I increase the Cache Size of the cursor control,
it just works fine.

100 -> 2 tables don't work
200 -> all ok
50 - > most table won't open
20 -> application won't even start :-)

120 seems also fine for me.

Is that behaviour correct? I think the cache size shouldn't be
to large, since network traffic will be increased and the performance
will go down.

regards

Johann

Johann Zuschlag