keyword LIMIT in SQL-statement, psqlodbc workaround?

From: "Johann Zuschlag" <zuschlag2(at)online(dot)de>
To: "Pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org" <Pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: keyword LIMIT in SQL-statement, psqlodbc workaround?
Date: 2000-12-21 21:17:58
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

Hi,

I'm using a commercial application. Well, apart from the problem
that it crashes my psqlodbc.dll (which I'm trying to debug)
it uses the keyword LIMIT.

Like: CREATE ITEMS (NAME VARCHAR(10), LIMIT NUMERIC...

To my knowledge it worked with PostgreSQL 6.4. Why not with 7.x?
I thought it should be possible. Did I misinterpret SQL-92/98?
MS-SQL and ORACLE are accepting it.

Since I can't persuade my application to put LIMIT in quotes,
I need another solution. Any ideas, workarounds how to do it in
psqlodbc?

regards

Johann