Option required to dump bytea fields?

From: Carlos <Carlos(at)pbsinet(dot)com>
To: "'pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org'" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Option required to dump bytea fields?
Date: 2004-05-10 13:12:03
Lists: pgsql-general

Do I need to use the -b option in pg_dump to dump bytea fields? For a while
now I have been routinely using the -b option in pg_dump to back up,
restore, and copy my databases because I thought that this was necessary to
dump bytea fields. I am not using other types of large objects in my
database. Recently, I tried to dump a database with this option and the
dump failed; however I can dump the database without the -b option and my
bytea fields seem to have been dumped properly as well as the rest of the
database.

Thanks in advance for your response.