FW: Blocking access to the database??

From: "Carlos Oliva" <carlos(at)pbsinet(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: FW: Blocking access to the database??
Date: 2003-05-29 18:41:37
Lists: pgsql-general

If I had to reorganize the database, I would prefer to terminate the
connections. Any way to do that without having to restart the db
server? Could I kill the PID's for the users (Linux RedHat)

In order to modify a user's permissions, must I restart the db server?

Can one do an SQL-dump while users are modifying the data?