Re: Transactional DDL

From: Michael Glaesemann <grzm(at)seespotcode(dot)net>
To: "Harpreet Dhaliwal" <harpreet(dot)dhaliwal01(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: "Jasbinder Singh Bali" <jsbali(at)gmail(dot)com>, "Alexander Staubo" <alex(at)purefiction(dot)net>, pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Transactional DDL
Date: 2007-06-02 17:51:25
Lists: pgsql-general

On Jun 2, 2007, at 11:08 , Harpreet Dhaliwal wrote:

> Whats so novel about postgresql here?
> This would happen in any RDBMS. right?
> You induced divide by zero exception that crashed the whole
> transaction and it did not create the table bar?

[Please don't top-post. It makes the discussion hard to follow.]

I used the divide by zero to raise an error to show that both the
CREATE TABLE and the INSERT were rolled back when the transaction
failed. If there's another definition of transactional DDL, I'd like
to know what it is.

Michael Glaesemann
grzm seespotcode net