Re: bug fix and documentation improvement about vacuumdb

From: Daniel Gustafsson <daniel(at)yesql(dot)se>
To: Kuwamura Masaki <kuwamura(at)db(dot)is(dot)i(dot)nagoya-u(dot)ac(dot)jp>
Cc: Nathan Bossart <nathandbossart(at)gmail(dot)com>, Kyotaro Horiguchi <horikyota(dot)ntt(at)gmail(dot)com>, PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: bug fix and documentation improvement about vacuumdb
Date: 2023-09-22 12:58:20
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> On 22 Sep 2023, at 11:08, Kuwamura Masaki <kuwamura(at)db(dot)is(dot)i(dot)nagoya-u(dot)ac(dot)jp> wrote:
>
> No worries at all. If you look at the page now you will see all green
> checkmarks indicating that the patch was tested in CI. So now we know that
> your tests fail without the fix and work with the fix applied, so all is well.
>
> Thank you for your kind words!
>
> And it seems to me that all concerns are resolved.
> I'll change the patch status to Ready for Committer.
> If you have or find any flaw, let me know that.

I had a look at this and tweaked the testcase a bit to make the diff smaller,
as well as removed the (in some cases) superfluous space in the generated SQL
query mentioned upthread. The attached two patches is what I propose we commit
to fix this, with a backpatch to v16 where it was introduced.

--
Daniel Gustafsson

Attachment Content-Type Size
v3-0002-vacuumdb-Reword-help-message-for-clarity.patch application/octet-stream 1.8 KB
v3-0001-vacuumdb-Fix-excluding-multiple-schemas-with-N.patch application/octet-stream 4.2 KB