Re: [INTERFACES] Spanish format on date and numbers

From: "Patrick Welche" <prlw1(at)newn(dot)cam(dot)ac(dot)uk>
To: oserra(at)fondos(dot)net (Oscar Serrano)
Cc: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: [INTERFACES] Spanish format on date and numbers
Date: 1999-11-27 13:34:02
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

Oscar Serrano wrote:

> And it seems that I must first define and export the variables LANG, LC_ALL,
> LC_CTYPE (and probably LC_COLLATE).
> The LANG variable seems to must be: LANG="es_ES", for spanish configuration.
> The LC_CTYPE must be something like this: LC_CTYPE="ISO8859-1". But, what is
> the ISO for spain?

Vague memory tells me it's ISO8859-2. I use LC_CTYPE=iso_8859_1, as in my
/usr/share/locale directory (this is under NetBSD) I have

% ls /usr/share/locale
de es iso_8859_1 nl pl sl
el fr ko no ru sv
% ls /usr/share/locale/iso_8859_1
LC_CTYPE

I don't know where I would find nor how to write an appropriate LC_CTYPE
file - never needed to, and never tried --enable-locale - I just set LC_CTYPE
for nice keyboard sequences.

> So, if I define this variables and use the --enable-locale, the psql will
> return the numbers and dates in the spanish format?
> I can't believe it.

There's only one way to find out!

Good luck,

Patrick