Re: [INTERFACES] psql trerminal behaviour

From: eem21(at)cam(dot)ac(dot)uk
To: tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us
Cc: moray(dot)mcconnachie(at)computing-services(dot)oxford(dot)ac(dot)uk, tim(at)hoop(dot)co(dot)uk, pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: [INTERFACES] psql trerminal behaviour
Date: 1999-09-29 15:48:22
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

On 29 Sep, Tom Lane wrote:

> (I'd say this is a mispackaging of readline, BTW: installed headers
> belong with the library, not with the sources. By that logic a
> non-devel RH system would ship with an empty /usr/include tree and you
> couldn't compile *anything*. But I doubt RH cares what I think...)

I think that's what they're aiming at - a distribution with which Joe
User doesn't have to compile anything (he lets somebody else do it).
By extension, if he doesn't want to compile anything, then he doesn't
want the header files on there either. I think that's the way these
distributions should be.

Ewan Mellor.