ODBC & VB5

From: rjd(at)intekom(dot)co(dot)za
To: pgsql-interfaces(at)hub(dot)org
Subject: ODBC & VB5
Date: 1999-08-19 05:15:48
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

Hi All

I am using postdrv v06-40-0006. I have a really strange problem
when I access the database from Visual Basic 5.

Everything works fine, except for the following:

When I add a new record, I have to refresh the database before I
can access any records. Now, this on it's own would be strange
enough, but here is the REALLY fun part : I have to refresh it using
a different subroutine / function / etc... As a matter of fact, the only
thing that works every time is to create a button that refeshes the
db and moves it to the last record, and then getting my program to
activate the button.

If I DON'T do this I get a message saying that the current record is
deleted.

Has anyone else encountered this? Is there a patch / fix that I am
unaware of?

TIA

Jason Doller