Asynchronous connect using libpq

From: eem21(at)cam(dot)ac(dot)uk
To: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Asynchronous connect using libpq
Date: 1999-07-18 10:51:26
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

Hello all,

I have just today re-subscribed to this list after a few months away.
I hope that I am not repeating a recent question; I have searched the
archives and found nothing appropriate.

I need non-blocking versions of PQconnectdb and PQreset in libpq,
analogous to the asynchronous query processing functions (PQsendQuery
et al).

I am willing to write these, if no one else has time to do so, but would
appreciate some input before I get started. I suspect it can be split
in such a way that the caller will be able to use select,
PQconsumeInput, PQisBusy, etc, like the async query stuff.

I am in quite a rush for these, and a prompt response from someone in
the know would be greatly appreciated.

TIA,

Ewan Mellor.