Re: plperl and inline functions -- first draft

From: Alexey Klyukin <alexk(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
To: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>
Cc: Joshua Tolley <eggyknap(at)gmail(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: plperl and inline functions -- first draft
Date: 2009-11-18 10:38:00
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Nov 18, 2009, at 5:46 AM, Andrew Dunstan wrote:

> Joshua Tolley wrote:
>> + plperl_call_data *save_call_data = current_call_data;
>> + bool oldcontext = trusted_context;
>> + + if (SPI_connect() != SPI_OK_CONNECT)
>> + elog(ERROR, "could not connect to SPI manager");

>> + current_call_data = (plperl_call_data *) palloc0(sizeof(plperl_call_data));
>> + current_call_data->fcinfo = &fake_fcinfo;
>> + current_call_data->prodesc = &desc;
>>

> I don't think this is done in the right order. If it is then this comment in plperl_func_handler is wrong (as well as containing a typo):
>
> /*
> * Create the call_data beforing connecting to SPI, so that it is not
> * allocated in the SPI memory context
> */

Yes, current_call_data can't be allocate in the SPI memory context, since it's used to extract the result after SPI_finish is called, although it doesn't lead to problems here since no result is returned. Anyway, I'd move SPI_connect after the current_call_data initialization.

I also noticed that no error context is set in the inline handler, not sure whether it really useful except for the sake of consistency, but in case it is - here is the patch:

Attachment Content-Type Size
inline_callback.diff application/octet-stream 2.1 KB