Insert taking too long

From: "Blanco, Jose" <blancoj(at)umich(dot)edu>
To: <pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Insert taking too long
Date: 2007-11-12 16:42:51
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Recently, we ran an 'vacummdb --full' on our database, and I'm finding
that a scrip that use to take just a couple of ours to run, is now
taking 12 hours to run. It's a perl script that does a lot of inserting
into a few tables. I've tried dropping indices to speed up the inserts,
but this does not help. I'm kind of lost as to why this is happening.
Any ideas out there?

Thanks!
Jose