Re: help with too slow query

From: Willem Leenen <willem_leenen(at)hotmail(dot)com>
To: <vyegorov(at)gmail(dot)com>, <p(dot)jimenez(at)ismsolar(dot)com>
Cc: <pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: help with too slow query
Date: 2012-11-06 14:20:13
Lists: pgsql-performance

@Victor,

Is the reason of the wrong cardinality estimations of the join indeed due to wrong statistics? I thought that the full table scan was due to the index on the timefield couldn't be used with this predicate:

time_stamp > date_trunc('month', current_date - interval '11 months')

It seems to me that a deterministic FBI should be made of this, deviding the records into month chuncks. Sort of a patch in stead of using partitions. But I'm new to Postgresql, so correct me if i'm wrong,

Regards,
Willem Leenen
Oracle DBA