binding variable length array

From: "Chris Faulkner" <chrisf(at)oramap(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: binding variable length array
Date: 2003-08-28 09:07:04
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

Hello

I have an variable length array in a table that I need to fetch into a Java
structure via JDBC. What is the best way of doing this ? AT the moment, I am
doing this

select array[1], array[2], array[3], array[4] ..

This only works because I know that whilst it varies in size, the array will
never be larger than 4. But this is obviously not very nice.

Thanks

Chris