compatibility of database files - cygwin to Linux

From: "Chris Faulkner" <chrisf(at)oramap(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-cygwin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: compatibility of database files - cygwin to Linux
Date: 2003-10-01 09:28:36
Lists: pgsql-cygwin pgsql-jdbc

Hello

I am using postgres on Linux and cygwin. ARe the database files in PGDATA
compatible between the two platforms ? I am familiar with pg_dump but would
like to transfer the files from the system itself. The database is quite
large and I am in a position where I can do this after shutting both
databases down. This mechanism is documented in section 9.2 of the
administrators guide but I just wondered whether there are any particular
issues because these files are being transferred from Linux<->cygwin.

Thanks

Chris