What security on database files

From: "Timothy J Hitchens" <tim(at)hitcho(dot)com(dot)au>
To: <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: What security on database files
Date: 2000-11-17 18:14:13
Lists: pgsql-admin

If I had a database that contained sentative material hosted on someones
webserver and someone got the files off that server without knowing the
passwords could that information be accessed and what could I do to secure
it better in this case. The database contains customer information and
mailing lists so I have an obligation to keep it secure.

Thanks..

Hitcho has Spoken.
Timothy Hitchens (Hitcho)
tim(at)hitcho(dot)com(dot)au