Re: Austin PGDay Speaker(s)

From: Jon Erdman <jerdman(at)enova(dot)com>
To: Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>
Cc: austinpug(at)postgresql(dot)org, Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>, David Fetter <david(at)fetter(dot)org>, Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>, Joe Conway <mail(at)joeconway(dot)com>, "Jonathan S(dot) Katz" <jonathan(dot)katz(at)excoventures(dot)com>, Steven Frost <sfrost(at)snowman(dot)net>, Josh Berkus <josh(dot)berkus(at)pgexperts(dot)com>, Greg Smith <gsmith(at)gregsmith(dot)com>, Rob Brucks <rob(dot)brucks(at)rackspace(dot)com>, Corey_Horton(at)Dell(dot)com, Will Leinweber <will(at)heroku(dot)com>, "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>, Carol Hearn <chearn(at)enova(dot)com>
Subject: Re: Austin PGDay Speaker(s)
Date: 2012-02-16 21:18:24
Lists: austinpug

Sorry, got caught up in stuff. We have the venue locked in for 3/28 so go ahead and book. People who are clear to make travel arrangements (i.e. these people are accepted as speakers already):

Bruce
Magnus
Greg
Merlin (but he's local)

Josh B., Andrew, Wheeler - You guys are basically good too, but I'm waiting to hear from Josh about what PGX can afford...please let me know as soon as you figure it out so we know how many of you are coming, as with only one track I'm not sure we can squeeze all three of you in (see below).

Everyone else: We've checked and they do have a second smaller (30 people) room available that same day (which we have not received pricing on as yet), so we do have the option to run two tracks and accommodate more speakers. Without the second room there are basically only 8 slots, which depending on what PGX does, are pretty close to full now. We are holding one slot for the local VMWare rep to come and speak since they want to sponsor, so that consumes another one.

At this point I'm relatively certain that we'll pull the trigger and go for the second track, but I need to reach out to our potential sponsors first to make sure we have the funds to cover it, particularly the additional speaker costs to fill said track.

I will update you all ASAP. Thank you for you patience!
--
Jon T Erdman

Chief Information Officer voice: (312) 285-6735
Progressive Practice, Inc. jon(at)progressivepractice(dot)com
P.O. Box 17288 www.progressivepractice.com
Rochester, NY 14617