Re: Talks for October 20th PGDay here in Portland

From: Selena Deckelmann <selenamarie(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Postgresql PDX_Users <pdxpug(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Webb Sprague <webb(dot)sprague(at)gmail(dot)com>
Subject: Re: Talks for October 20th PGDay here in Portland
Date: 2007-08-15 05:35:28
Lists: pdxpug

On Aug 14, 2007, at 9:40 PM, Webb Sprague wrote:

> Hi Selena and List,
>
> Somebody should give a talk on PostGIS; if there isn't a *real* GIS
> person I volunteer (I gave one talk on it that I can recycle and
> expand).

I'd love a talk on PostGIS! Please send us something.

> About how long, what format, what kind of abstract do you
> need, and does anyone want to carpool from Eugene (I can drive)?

You may want to get in touch with the sysadmin group in Eugene about
carpooling: http://itproforum.org/

For the talk, plan on 45 min-1hr. The abstract to send me is just a
general outline. Keep it simple. Also, send some contact info so I
can get in touch if I have any questions.

Your audience will be fellow DBAs and sysadmins from the west coast.

We have a few people from the Bay Area who are planning on coming,
and I met a couple people from Seattle during OSCON that may be
interested as well.

-selena