Re: access to postgres?

From: James Hall <James(dot)Hall(at)RadioShack(dot)com>
To: Horst Herb <hherb(at)malleenet(dot)net(dot)au>, Jimmy McDonald <jimmy(at)merl(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: access to postgres?
Date: 2001-10-02 16:45:51
Lists: pgsql-novice

I found these instructions VERY helpful for doing the same thing...

If you have an ODBC link it is super easy to move tables to postgres.
1) In MS Access, right-click on your table and select SAVE AS/EXPORT
2) Select 'ODBC Connection' in the Export Format drop-down list
at the bottom of the SAVE AS screen. ODBC is dead last in the list.
3) You are then prompted to select the ODBC connection you want to save to.
4) Here is the beauty of it-- Your table schema _and_ your data is sent
to your postgres system. No indices are created, but all fields are.

also this link may help - http://sevainc.com/Access/

HTH's,
-jim