Killing a child process

From: "Bojan Belovic" <bbelovic(at)usa(dot)net>
To: <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Killing a child process
Date: 2002-04-16 00:11:18
Lists: pgsql-admin

Every once in a while I'll spot a query that is taking unusually long time
to run (a chiled process that keeps the processor at 100% for like 3
minutes). Is there a way to see the queries currently executing and/or kill
a single process without affecting the operation of the server (I'm not
sure, but I think I tried a simple kill once and that it killed the whole
server)?

Thanks,
Bojan