Re: Jav Database Performance

From: Jim Nasby <decibel(at)decibel(dot)org>
To: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org, "Walter Cruz" <walter(dot)php(at)gmail(dot)com>
Subject: Re: Jav Database Performance
Date: 2007-04-27 15:26:50
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

On Apr 23, 2007, at 8:36 PM, Josh Berkus wrote:
>> http://devloop.org.uk/documentation/database-performance/
>
> Hmmm ... we could use someone to run a properly configured
> PostgreSQL on his
> test. I'm pleasantly surprised by how well we did against other DBs
> with *no
> performance tuning*. Cool!

Better yet would be if we shipped with different configs so they
could at least pick a more reasonable configuration for their hardware.

Something else that comes to mind... if they're running the default
config, they're not running autovacuum; so were they vacuuming at all?
--
Jim Nasby jim(at)nasby(dot)net