Re: Strange JDBC problem

From: "Trygve Hardersen" <trygve(dot)hardersen(at)no(dot)scala(dot)com>
To: "Mark Lewis" <mark(dot)lewis(at)mir3(dot)com>
Cc: <pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Strange JDBC problem
Date: 2006-09-01 15:11:09
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

> It turned out that the application had multiple frames, and IE
requested
> the different frames with a slightly different timing than Firefox or
> Opera, and that slight timing difference exposed a race condition in a
> library we were using (Struts).

We are in fact using multiple frames, and a "Hibernate Session &
Transaction per request" pattern. The result is that every "page"
generates multiple sessions and transactions. I tried to load only the
frame where the error usually occurs, and was unable to reproduce it, so
I think you hit the problem right on. Thanks a lot indeed! I'll try to
figure out a way around this.

Trygve