Some functions with variadics don't show the right CREATE FUNCTION SQL

From: "Paragon Corporation" <lr(at)pcorp(dot)us>
To: <pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: "'Bborie Park'" <bkpark(at)ucdavis(dot)edu>
Subject: Some functions with variadics don't show the right CREATE FUNCTION SQL
Date: 2011-11-21 22:55:06
Lists: pgadmin-support

We discovered a recent issue on PostGIS dev which we think is a pgAdmin
issue. We have reproduced on 1.14 and 1.10

That is when we create a function like this:

CREATE OR REPLACE FUNCTION test_regprocedure(

func regprocedure,

VARIADIC junk text[] DEFAULT NULL

)

RETURNS text AS $$

BEGIN

RETURN NULL;

END;

$$ LANGUAGE 'plpgsql';

It shows this in the function window

CREATE OR REPLACE FUNCTION public.test_regprocedure(IN func regprocedure
DEFAULT NULL::text[], VARIADIC junk text[])
RETURNS text AS
$BODY$
BEGIN
RETURN NULL;
END;
$BODY$
LANGUAGE plpgsql VOLATILE
COST 100;
ALTER FUNCTION public.test_regprocedure(regprocedure, text[])
OWNER TO postgres;

We have this as a ticketed item which we have closed on our end.
Please refer to :
http://trac.osgeo.org/postgis/ticket/1283

If you need further details.

Thanks,