pgsql and SSL

From: "Dave VanAuken" <dave(at)hawk-systems(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: pgsql and SSL
Date: 2001-09-27 20:30:30
Lists: pgsql-admin

recently did another installation on a FreeBSD/Apache web server. Am
getting startup failures on postgres (not sure what I did different
from our other server).

It complains it is missing some SSL files (server.crt and key) and is
prompting for those to be in the created data directory. As a simple
test I copied valid cert files over and still no joy.

I am assuming that I compiled this new copy with openssl enabled...
would like some guidance on pointing it to the correct locations so it
will start successfully.

Using OpenSSH and Apache modssl just find on this and the other
servers, first time ran into a problem or had to do anything special
with postgres on it though.

Dave