List databases using ODBC through OLE DB

From: Richard Wesley <hawkfish(dot)tableau(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: List databases using ODBC through OLE DB
Date: 2006-11-29 19:10:23
Lists: pgsql-odbc

Hi -

I am attempting to build a connection dialog for Postgres using the
ODBC driver through the Windows OLE DB interface. We have done this
for a number of other engines (including MySQL) and I am trying to
get it up and running for Postgres.

The problem I am having is that we are unable to get a list of
databases from the server once we are connected. The request fails
to complete when requesting either DBSCHEMA_CATALOGS or
DBSCHEMA_SCHEMATA from the IID_IDBSchemaRowset::GetRowset API.

Does anyone know the correct incantation to use here?

TIA,
Richard Wesley Senior Software Developer Tableau
Software
Visit: http://www.trytableau.com/now.html