Re: postgres and initdb not working inside docker

From: Roffild <roffild(at)hotmail(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Daniel Gustafsson <daniel(at)yesql(dot)se>
Cc: PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: postgres and initdb not working inside docker
Date: 2022-05-28 16:34:58
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Docker is now the DevOps standard. It's easier to build an image for
Docker and run the site with one command.

But the volume mount has a limitation with chmod 755. I don't want to
write the database directly to the container.

The container is isolated from everything. Therefore, checking the file
permissions inside the container is meaningless. And writing to the
container is also a "security hole".

The world has changed! And the old standards don't work...

28.05.2022 18:49, Tom Lane: