Re: [patch] executor and slru dtrace probes

From: Bernd Helmle <mailings(at)oopsware(dot)de>
To: Zdenek Kotala <Zdenek(dot)Kotala(at)Sun(dot)COM>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org, Robert(dot)Lor(at)Sun(dot)COM, jesus(at)omniti(dot)com
Subject: Re: [patch] executor and slru dtrace probes
Date: 2009-12-10 14:51:34
Lists: pgsql-hackers

--On 8. Dezember 2009 11:10:44 +0100 Zdenek Kotala <Zdenek(dot)Kotala(at)Sun(dot)COM>
wrote:

> If you think that it is better I could split patch into two separate
> patches and both can be reviewed separately.

I split up this patch into two separate patches: one for SLRU and one for
the executor probes. I've done some documentation on the SLRU part, maybe
you can look over it (to make sure i didn't break anything).

I left the executor probes out of the documentation for now, since it seems
not to be clear how they would manifest.

Out of curiosity: Why do we want to pass the SlruCtl pointer down to the
probes? I don't understand what those probes are going to do with those
pointers, can you explain?

--
Thanks

Bernd

Attachment Content-Type Size
dtrace_executor_probes.patch application/text 9.4 KB
dtrace_slru_probes.patch application/octet-stream 10.5 KB