Re: BugTracker (Was: Re: 8.2 features status)

From: "Bort, Paul" <pbort(at)tmwsystems(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: BugTracker (Was: Re: 8.2 features status)
Date: 2006-08-22 13:51:10
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> Kenneth Marshall wrote:
> > RT is easy to setup/configure/use and works well with PostgreSQL as
> > the backend.
>
> RT works with Postgres, but I wouldn't say well. All queries
> in RT are generated by a query generator due to a naive
> obsession with database independance. They've achieved
> database independance at the cost of all the queries being
> brain-dead. Fixing the query generator would be a pretty big job.

We use RT with PostgreSQL for all internal IT requests and
development/support/doc tasks on a couple products, and there's never
been a problem. Are the queries optimal? no. The alternative might have
been MySQL-only, and that would be worse.

I can't really give a fair estimate on performance, because I'm running
it on a PIII at 800MHz with several other things as well. But it's fast
enough that I'm not screaming for a hardware upgrade.

Regards,
Paul Bort