Terminate query on page exit

From: "david harel" <david(at)qis(dot)co(dot)il>
To: <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Terminate query on page exit
Date: 2013-02-19 09:52:54
Lists: pgsql-general

Greetings,

I use postgresql on a Linux server on a virtual machine (despite my protest
to IT personal).

The client is typically a web server implementing PHP sites.

Customers many times close a page typically when a heavy report runs for too
long.

Using the command "top", I got the impression that the query still runs even
though the page was closed.

I want to make sure the query is dropped when the customer closes the page.

Any method to kill such query would it still hang out there?

Thanks

David Harel

QIS LTD