Re: Stats target increase vs compute_tsvector_stats()

From: Greg Stark <greg(dot)stark(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org, "j(dot)urbanski(at)students(dot)mimuw(dot)edu(dot)pl" <j(dot)urbanski(at)students(dot)mimuw(dot)edu(dot)pl>, Oleg Bartunov <oleg(at)sai(dot)msu(dot)su>, Teodor Sigaev <teodor(at)sigaev(dot)ru>
Subject: Re: Stats target increase vs compute_tsvector_stats()
Date: 2008-12-14 01:12:10
Lists: pgsql-hackers

I don't quote know how this data but any constant factor seems like it
would be arbitrary. It sounds like a more principled algorithm would
be to use stats_target^2. But that has the same problem. Even
stats_target^1.5 would be too big for stats_target 10,000.

I think just using 10 is probably the right thing.

--
Greg