Admin Tool to Send Me Email

From: "Garris, Nicole" <Nicole(dot)Garris(at)dof(dot)ca(dot)gov>
To: "'pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org'" <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Admin Tool to Send Me Email
Date: 2005-04-18 18:14:26
Lists: pgsql-admin

(Previously posted to the PostgreSQL General list, with no responses yet.)

We have been using PostgreSQL on Mac OS X for about a year now. Ongoing
monitoring has proven very easy because the DBMS engine is so reliable, and
mostly I use phpPgAdmin, an extremely useful tool. However, its worth my
while to make it even easier. I would like a tool that would send an email
whenever an error message is generated, such as messages from SQL class 53
(53100 disk full, 53200 out of memory, 53300 too many connections), class 57
operator intervention, class 58 system error, and a few others.

I looked for such a free tool on pgFoundry, Gborg, and postgresql.org's
Downloads page (and also searched the PostgreSQL mailing list archives) but
didn't see anything like it. If you know of one, I would really appreciate
it if you could provide the web site. Thank you!