Talks for October 20th PGDay here in Portland

From: Selena Deckelmann <sdeckelmann(at)chrisking(dot)com>
To: Postgresql PDX_Users <pdxpug(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Talks for October 20th PGDay here in Portland
Date: 2007-08-14 17:25:39
Lists: pdxpug

Hello!

I've approached a few of you about talks for a 1-day mini-conference
about PostgreSQL here in Portland. After the success of the OSCON
PGDay, we're organizing another PGDay in Portland, Or on October
20th, 2007.

This event will be sponsored by Command Prompt, Inc. and PDXPUG.

Our focus will be on tutorials and practical talks geared toward
providing tools and teaching skills that attendees can walk away with.

If you'd like to participate, please get in touch with me as soon as
possible with your ideas or abstracts. We'd like to close talk
submissions by about September 1st, and announce a schedule on
September 8th.

The event would be a fundraiser for Software in the Public Interest,
with funds earmarked for PostgreSQL. At this point, we'll probably
ask for $60, with a catered dinner provided at the end of the day.

-selena