Re: Query regarding submission on To Do item for psql client "psql : Allow processing of multiple -f (file) options "

From: "Albe Laurenz" <laurenz(dot)albe(at)wien(dot)gv(dot)at>
To: "Vikash3 S *EXTERN*" <vikash3(dot)s(at)tcs(dot)com>, <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Query regarding submission on To Do item for psql client "psql : Allow processing of multiple -f (file) options "
Date: 2012-03-29 08:24:28
Lists: pgsql-general

Vikash3 S wrote:
> Would like to submit patch on this TO Do list item which deals with
psql client, "psql : Allow
> processing of multiple -f (file) options ".
>
> The code base which I am working on is from postgres 9.1.3 release.
> But when I diff the code base from git repository, the changes are far
different from the postgres
> 9.1.3 release source code directory.
>
> Can I submit the patch(created out of git diff) w.r.t my working
directory associated with git after
> pulling the changes to my working directory, this changes are done and
tested against postgres 9.1.3
> release source code directory.
>
> Shall I go ahead and submit patch for it to
pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org(dot)
> Please advice on the way to go ahead.

There is a lot of helpful information on
http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Development_information
Answers to your questions will be found in "Submitting a Patch" and the
"Developer FAQ",
but you should acquaint yourself with the whole development process.

Yours,
Laurenz Albe