Re: odbc_fdw

From: "Albe Laurenz" <laurenz(dot)albe(at)wien(dot)gv(dot)at>
To: "Florian Schwendener *EXTERN*" <fschwend(at)hsr(dot)ch>
Cc: <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: odbc_fdw
Date: 2011-12-05 08:52:00
Lists: pgsql-general

Florian Schwendener wrote:
> I'm stuck again, now with the extension itself. I've tried like
> everything I could think of filling the fields in
> the example on [1]. My database is named "testdb", my table
"testtable"
> and the (default) schema is
> (I believe) "dbo". Does anybody know the values I need to enter in the
> CREATE FOREIGN TABLE command?
>
> The odbc-connection (named "odbc-test") works fine. The database
server
> is a Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2.

The comment "I believe" seems to suggest that you are not sure -
maybe you can ask somebody who knows SQL Server for:

- DSN: The name of your ODBC data source
- Name of Database, schema and table.

> Sadly, if the extension can't execute the query, it just says "Opps".
> This isn't very helpful. Should I contact the
> author directly?

Can you quote the exact message?
If it is not helpful at all, yes, contacting the author is probably
the right thing to do.
There is also
https://github.com/ZhengYang/odbc_fdw/issues/
where you can report problems.