Re:

From: "Albe Laurenz" <laurenz(dot)albe(at)wien(dot)gv(dot)at>
To: "Shu Ho *EXTERN*" <sueh111(at)hotmail(dot)com>, <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re:
Date: 2010-02-24 08:58:28
Lists: pgsql-general

Shu Ho wrote:
> do you clean up the server file by removing them
> use
>
> find $logfile -mtime +$NUMBER_DAYS_TO_KEEP -type f -print
> -exec rm -f {} \;
>
> in postgres ?

I do it similarly, but I don't use "-exec", I rather pipe the results
of find into something like "xargs rm -f" for better performance.

> How to remove the archive log files in postgres ? is the same
> way as remove backup files and server log files ?

Yes.

Just make very sure that you don't delete any archived WAL files
that you might still need - say, to resort to an older backup if
your most recent backups failed or the tape got eaten by mice
or whatever.

Yours,
Laurenz Albe