DBD::Pg::st execute failed: PQsendQuery() -- There is no connecti on to the backend

From: Philip Camilleri <philip(at)iworldgroup(dot)com>
To: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: DBD::Pg::st execute failed: PQsendQuery() -- There is no connecti on to the backend
Date: 2001-08-13 16:48:24
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

Dear All,

We have recently switched our applications from MySQL to PgSQL. Everything
worked except for one error which I cannot explain!

The applications (coded in Perl and using the DBD::Pg module) run as simple
processes in the background. The first few requests to the Postgres server
are accepted and processed easily. However, after two or three "SELECT"
statements, the system returns:

DBD::Pg::st execute failed: PQsendQuery() -- There is no connection to the
backend.

The Postgres database is actually STILL alive and if I restart the
applications manually everything works well. But I just can't understand why
this error is being returned. The SQL statements seem to be OK. The
username/password connection also work fine.

Please help! Anyone with some clue as to what might be causing this??? We
decided to switch from MySQL to Postgres because of the added functionality.
But without a viable Perl-DBMS connection its useless...

Thanks.

Philip

Philip Camilleri
+356 942 1888
philip(at)iWORLDGroup(dot)com

EMPOWER PEOPLE - THE WORLD IN YOUR HAND

iWORLD GROUP (iWG) is a global e-mobile company creating, building and
growing new businesses. iWG founders are pioneers in creating multi-billion
dollar mobile and Internet businesses in Europe, Asia and the US.