Importing BLOB to Postgresql

From: "Alexander Stanier" <alexander(dot)stanier(at)egsgroup(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Importing BLOB to Postgresql
Date: 2002-10-08 10:02:31
Lists: pgsql-general

I am migrating a database from Oracle to Postgresql. I have one Oracle
table which contains BLOBs. Given that I can get the BLOBs out of Oracle
to the filesystem, can anyone tell me how I can import them in
postgresql?

I am assuming that the BLOBs should be imported into a "bytea" datatype.
Is this correct?

Regards,

Alex.

Alexander Stanier

E-GovernmentSolutions (UK) Ltd, 3rd Floor, Domain House, 5 - 7 Singer
Street, London EC2A 4BQ.
Direct Dial: +44 (20) 7336 1441
Mobile: 07774 779394
Switchboard: +44 (20) 7336 1440
www.egsgroup.com

CONFIDENTIALITY: This is email is confidential and intended solely for
the use of the individual to whom it is addressed. Any views or
opinions presented are solely those of the author and do not necessarily
represent those of eGovernment Solutions (UK) Ltd. If you are not the
intended recipient, be advised that you have received this email in
error and that any use, dissemination, forwarding, or copying of this
email is strictly prohibited. If you have received this email in error
please contact the sender.