Re: [RFC] Should smgrtruncate() avoid sending sinval message for temp relations

From: "MauMau" <maumau307(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "Tom Lane" <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: "Robert Haas" <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>, <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [RFC] Should smgrtruncate() avoid sending sinval message for temp relations
Date: 2014-07-31 12:29:43
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Please find attached the revised patch. I failed to change SIGUSR1 to
SIGUSR2 when sending sinval catchup signal.

In addition, I changed wal sender to not receive SIGUSR1/2 from
SendProcSignal(). Without this, wal sender will excessively wake up or
terminate by the signals. This is an existing problem.

Regards
MauMau

Attachment Content-Type Size
sinval_catchup_hang_v2.patch application/octet-stream 6.4 KB