Re: [HACKERS] Efficient DELETE Strategies

From: "Dann Corbit" <DCorbit(at)connx(dot)com>
To: <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>, "Tom Lane" <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, "Manfred Koizar" <mkoi-pg(at)aon(dot)at>
Cc: "Christoph Haller" <ch(at)rodos(dot)fzk(dot)de>, <pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org>, <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] Efficient DELETE Strategies
Date: 2002-06-10 23:08:03
Lists: pgsql-hackers pgsql-sql

Agree strongly.

I would be very annoyed at any database system that guesses about what I
might want. It might guess wrong and cause enormous damage. It does
not have to be an update or delete for this damage to occur. It could
be a report that financial decisions were based upon. If someone does
get the PostgreSQL group to alter incoming statements, surely this
deserves *AT LEAST* a powerful warning message.