Re: Bootstrap DATA is a pita

From: Andres Freund <andres(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
To: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>,Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>, Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Bootstrap DATA is a pita
Date: 2015-02-21 20:01:19
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On February 21, 2015 7:20:04 PM CET, Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net> wrote:

>On 02/21/2015 11:43 AM, Tom Lane wrote:
>
>> {
>> oid => 2249,
>> oiddefine => 'CSTRINGOID',
>> typname => 'cstring',
>> typlen => -2,
>> typbyval => 1,
>> }
>

>which is pure perl syntax and wouldn't need any extra module, and has
>the advantage over JSON that key names won't need to be quoted, making
>it more readable.

Yea, my original post suggested using actual perl hashes to avoid problems with the availability of libraries. So far I've not really heard a convincing alternative. Peter's problem with formatting seems to be most easily solved by rewriting the file automatically...

Andres

--
Please excuse brevity and formatting - I am writing this on my mobile phone.