Re: Proposal: Change of pg_trigger.tg_enabled and adding

From: Jim Nasby <decibel(at)decibel(dot)org>
To: Markus Schiltknecht <markus(at)bluegap(dot)ch>
Cc: Jan Wieck <JanWieck(at)Yahoo(dot)com>, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, PostgreSQL Development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Proposal: Change of pg_trigger.tg_enabled and adding
Date: 2007-01-26 21:39:35
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Jan 26, 2007, at 5:13 AM, Markus Schiltknecht wrote:
> In Postgres-R, I mostly use the terms 'local' and 'remote'.

Note that those terms only make sense if you limit yourself to
thinking the master is pushing data out to the slave...

I think it'd make the most sense if the name reflected whether the
trigger should be fired by a replication process or not; that way it
doesn't really matter if it's a master or a slave... if the data in
the table is being modified by a replication process then you don't
fire the trigger/rule, according to the setting. But maybe there is
some need to discern between origin and target...

Also, if enums will be in 8.3, perhaps they can be used instead of
"char"?
--
Jim Nasby jim(at)nasby(dot)net