Re: Accent insensitive search?

From: Christophe <xof(at)thebuild(dot)com>
To: PostgreSQL general <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Accent insensitive search?
Date: 2009-03-18 17:38:14
Lists: pgsql-general

What I've done in the past in this situation is to create a separate
field with the text normalized to whatever the search form is (all
lower case, accents stripped, etc.), and then index and search that
from the application.

Although I've not tried it, a functional index that did the same thing
might work, as long as you were careful in how the queries were
written to ensure that it was used.