Information about psqlODBC parameters

From: "Richard Harris" <Richard_Harris(at)adp(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Information about psqlODBC parameters
Date: 2004-09-01 23:33:43
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hi,

I'm running PostgreSQL 7.4.2, UnixODBC Driver Manager: 03.51.0002.0224
and psqlODBC 7.3.2 on a Red Hat Linux system. I need to understand what
the parameters in the odbc.ini do. In particular what these parameters
do.

Trace
TraceFile
Debug
DebugFile
CommLog

I looked in the 'Notes on the various configuration settings' document
and found some information about CommLog. However when I assigned a
value to it, no log file was created. Does this file only apply to the
Windows psqlodbc driver?

I did not find any information about Trace, TraceFile, Debug or
DebugFile in that document. The UnixODBC web site says that the unixODBC
driver manager uses Trace and TraceFile. But the site does not explain
how to set values for these parameters.

When I set the value of Trace=9 and Debug=9, each ODBC client connection
results in 2 files in /tmp (named mylog_[user][pid].log and
psqlodbc_[user][pid].log). I have not found any documentation about
these files.

Where do I find information about controlling these file and
interpreting the contents of the files.

Thanks,
Rich Harris