Re: Support json_errdetail in FRONTEND builds

From: Daniel Gustafsson <daniel(at)yesql(dot)se>
To: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>
Cc: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Michael Paquier <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz>, Jacob Champion <jacob(dot)champion(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>, PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, alvherre(at)alvh(dot)no-ip(dot)org
Subject: Re: Support json_errdetail in FRONTEND builds
Date: 2024-03-17 23:49:24
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> On 17 Mar 2024, at 00:00, Daniel Gustafsson <daniel(at)yesql(dot)se> wrote:

>>> Sure, I can commit these patches. It won't be until tomorrow though since I
>>> prefer to have ample time to monitor the buildfarm, if you are in a bigger rush
>>> than that then feel free to go ahead.
>>
>> tomorrow will be fine, thanks
>
> Sorry, I ran into some unforeseen scheduling issues and had less time available
> than planned. I have pushed the 0001 StringInfo patch to reduce the work for
> tomorrow when I will work on 0002 unless beaten to it.

I took another look at this tonight and committed it with some mostly cosmetic
changes. Since then, tamandua failed the SSL test on this commit but I am
unable to reproduce any error both on older OpenSSL and matching the 3.1
version on tamandua, so not sure if its related. Other animals have cleared
sslcheck after this, but looking at this highlights just how rare it is for a
buildfarm animal to run sslcheck =/

--
Daniel Gustafsson