Re: Bind message

From: "Guy Rouillier" <guyr(at)masergy(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Bind message
Date: 2006-09-25 19:00:54
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

Dave Cramer wrote:
> Hi,
>

> The default is not to re-use statements, you have add
> prepareThreshold=n to the url where n is greater than 0. What this
> means is that after n times of use the prepared statement will be
> re-used..

That's peculiar. The whole point of prepared statements is to obtain
the optimization of statement reuse. If PostgreSQL is going to prevent
that, I'd expect the prevention to be the exception rather than the
rule. That is, programmers should reasonably expect that the default
behavior is statement reuse.

> see

http://jdbc.postgresql.org/documentation/head/connect.html#connection-pa
rameters