Re: ODBC SQLSetPos Delete problem

From: Janet Borschowa <borschow(at)roguewave(dot)com>
To: pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: ODBC SQLSetPos Delete problem
Date: 2004-09-16 21:49:14
Lists: pgsql-odbc

Hi Lothar,
I don't have any experience using the libpqxx API but I have used the libpq
API and I have found that writable cursors can be implemented in it without
too much trouble.

The PostgreSQL server does not support writable cursors (see the SQL
statement 'declare') so you will need to implement those yourself.

I would choose to use libpq rather than some other API that is not
distributed with the server. The reason is that it is more likely to remain
supported/stable than some other API (such as psqlodbc).

If you haven't seen it already, there is an object-oriented interface based
on the libpq API, SourcePro(TM) DB PostgreSQL Access Module, which supports
writable cursors (and most everything else). It is available from Rogue Wave
Software at:
http://www.roguewave.com/products/sourcepro/db/

Janet Borschowa
Software Engineer, Database Products
Rogue Wave Software, a QUOVADX(tm) Division
http://www.roguewave.com