Re: new beginner to postgresql. Looking at it for a church

From: "Dann Corbit" <DCorbit(at)connx(dot)com>
To: <pamela(at)bizwaves(dot)net>, <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: new beginner to postgresql. Looking at it for a church
Date: 2005-12-28 00:49:31
Lists: pgsql-general

Maybe this helps:

http://www.sql-ledger.org/

________________________________

From: pgsql-general-owner(at)postgresql(dot)org
[mailto:pgsql-general-owner(at)postgresql(dot)org] On Behalf Of Pamela
Sent: Tuesday, December 27, 2005 4:32 PM
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: [GENERAL] new beginner to postgresql. Looking at it for a
church

Hello:

I was wondering if anyone has setup a point-of-sale system with
postgresql. Also, I will have to create a database for a church that
requires lots of tables and subcategories. They have 4 different
locations and wish to be interconnected amongst each other, yet remain
distinct and autonomous. They have lots different categories (women's
group, kid's group, seminars, etc.) and funds within funds. Any
suggestions/examples of how someone could go about the data-modeling for
this. Also, was thinking of using .php and ruby to connect them via the
net. I will also, require setting up a general ledger and a full
accounting system for them. Inventory for books, cds. I am looking at
multiple sources for them including MySQL, Microsoft.Net (really, really
don't want to go there) and any other suggestions individuals may have.

Thanks and help is much appreciated.

Pamela