Re: Views, views, views! (long)

From: "Dann Corbit" <DCorbit(at)connx(dot)com>
To: <andrew(at)supernews(dot)com>, <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Views, views, views! (long)
Date: 2005-05-06 00:21:50
Lists: pgsql-hackers

have.

Equally interesting would be:
How many duplicate keys do I have?

An interesting database option might be:
For any foreign key, if there is no existing inversion entry index then
build one.

Another interesting database option might be:
Check the system catalogs for duplicate indexes and remove them if there
are any two completely identical (in columns, asc/desc and type).

> Another popular query that gets asked on IRC is "how do I find out
what
> permissions have been granted to user X?" Try doing _that_ one in the
> system catalogs.

Obviously, this is a clear oversight by the standards committee.
PostgreSQL is clearly not the only database with this important need.

> (send "unregister YourEmailAddressHere" to
majordomo(at)postgresql(dot)org)