Re: Days in month query

From: "Dann Corbit" <DCorbit(at)connx(dot)com>
To: "Mark Fox" <mark(dot)fox(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Days in month query
Date: 2005-03-31 00:13:25
Lists: pgsql-general

How about create type with create function?

Make an array type to hold the 12 different month day counts.

Give the function year and month as input.

Use this to figure out if it is a leap year:
(year % 4 == 0 && (year % 100 != 0 || year % 400 == 0))

If it is a leap year, then add 1 to days if month is 2.