Re: migrating from mysql

From: "Dann Corbit" <DCorbit(at)connx(dot)com>
To: "Junaili Lie" <junaili(at)gmail(dot)com>, <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: migrating from mysql
Date: 2004-12-23 01:18:49
Lists: pgsql-general

1. Create a script that creates the tables without RI stuff like
foreign keys and triggers.
2. Import the data into the tables using COPY
3. Create the RI stuff with 'alter table' and 'create trigger'
statements
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/static/sql-copy.html
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/static/sql-createtrigger.html
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/static/sql-altertable.html

As long as the original tables have no RI problems, and you load a
snapshot of the existing MySQL data, you should not have any problems.